Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectLong Lives The 'Fro!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=14702&mesg_id=14809
14809, Long Lives The 'Fro!!!
Posted by guest, Wed May-16-01 06:48 PM
It makes my stomach turn to read the comments made by some folks in this thread that claim to be african-american (males in particular) condemning sistas for choosing to wear their hair as Mothernature intended. It is certainly a dayum shame that igginz are so wrapped up in what the next woman got on her head that they don't recognize the unique and beautiful mane that sprouts from their own scalps. The fact that no other group on earth can naturally grow a 'fro should be something to be proud of in itself. But as always, igginz cower in shame from anything that invites them to take a peek in the mirror...White/Asian/Latino men are not begging or forcing their women to alter the natural state of her tresses--in fact it is "The look that gets the touch" (Tresseme' commercial?). Black women, on the other hand, have been trained so well to despise and attack her own mane that I swear with all that (years, years and years of) chemical processing, summa that shyt done seeped into folks brains and drove 'em mad. It's always amazing just how deep african people (everywhere) have been slashed and burned. Those old nasty wounds are still oozing. Long Live the Afro...'Fro on Sistas!!!

"We live the now for the promise of the infinite" --Mos Def

"I'm tryin' to soar to altitudes unknown to man, woman or the most agile of birds" --yours truly

"your people first. a quiet strength. the positioning of oneself so that observation becomes reaction, where study is preferred to night life, where emotion is not seen as a weakness. love for self, family, children and extensions of self is beyond the verbal"
--Haki R. Madhubuti