Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectso you say you're afrocentric cus your hair is nappy?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=14702&mesg_id=14797
14797, so you say you're afrocentric cus your hair is nappy?
Posted by guest, Tue May-15-01 04:48 PM
...What many Black people exclude from "Afrocentric" is waaay out of wack. If you'd ever studied African hair styles you'd see that for centuries Africans have dyed their hair
by adding pigment, added hair pieces, worn wigs, and used many other processes to mold, style and shape their hair into probably thousands of styles. By the standards of some of the people above, the originators of the styles they mimic
would be considered "unnatural" and therefore some how inferior.
Seems to me the "natural" people are just as lost as the "perms". With the mentality the I've seen from many "natural" people, women especially, Black people will never get free.
Blackness is more deep then a hair style.
Blackness is not something that needs to be proven and if it could be proven it wouldnt be by something as superficial as the
protein that comes out of your scalp. You either are Black or you are not and if you are then you are my brother/sister. END OF STORY!

scuse me typos!:)
Why would God have given you in life a questioning mind if not to hand to you in death the blinding answers!!!

AIM Carmel3494 say ure okp