Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Why go natural?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=14702&mesg_id=14789
14789, RE: Why go natural?
Posted by loi, Tue May-15-01 03:15 AM
Ok, last time I checked the definition of natural was "existing in or produced by nature." My hair is natural because I don't do anything to change the hair texture that God gave me. Natural hair is not a way of life. It's however your hair is without chemicals. I think it's wacker for someone to make an assumption based on how you wear your hair. Why would anyone make a character judgement based on the external. Why would anyone expect that someone with natural to be a certain way, not to drink etc. I hate it when people walk up to me, thinking that I'm a certain way because of my hair. Why would you think that Erykah and Jill were original? Because their stars? I shaved my head bald last year, but Erykah is original-BOO!!!!!
My hair is a huge curly afro now because I like it that way! It's easier to do, less expensive, and healthier! It's the way my hair is naturally and it needs no further explanation.