Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: real simple for me
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=14702&mesg_id=14785
14785, RE: real simple for me
Posted by guest, Mon May-14-01 01:43 PM
I have a totally diffrent problem.

I have always loved natural hair, but no one else did.
at 11 years old perm was slapped up side my head; at 12
all my hair was gone-- except for the top. I looked like I had on a TUPae (you know the hair thing) with no hair on the sides or back. Braids became my new friends for the next 3 years until my hair grew back I wore it press and curled . when I was high school I couldn't be natural then because I was ridculed so much I wouldn't even want to go.
Every one had the gel schalacked to their head and i was still running around with a mushroom. My family hated it and peers teased me and finally when I could no longer find a person to press and curl it, relaxed again.
I hate this relaxer but now I am grown and even at my work place, if my "retouch" appointment is one week late they let me know it. It even goes so far as My co-workers won't even talk to me. I mean I really want to go "natural" but the society that I am in will ostrasise me. Think about the at least six month transtion period. this sucks.
x( }> :'( x(
But I am going to do it any way. I Love running my fingers through my "Nappy" hair. Any suggestions on how to do it?

"If ya don't know, now ya know"