Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectBeyond Tha Surface
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=14702&mesg_id=14751
14751, Beyond Tha Surface
Posted by HashimAbdulKhaliq, Mon May-14-01 04:46 AM
This is a Ill subject.

My take on all this is the fact that "WE" put too much into looking at whats done outward. We are too concerned with how a person looks, how they dress, and even the the way they talk.

This makes it easy for a person to look a part and fool others. My question is: Just because a woman wears a afro does that mean that she has to be positive?

What warrants the positive behavior?

The challenge is to clean yourself inside. Would you drink from a glass that you know is clean on the outside and dirty on the inside? I wouldnt. Would you investigate the inside of the glass before you drink it ?

My advice is to look beyond the surface of people and situations.
My advice is to also clean yourself up inside. Cleaning up your appearance is easy.

One example of apperance is COMMON. He wears Kufi's. I'm a muslim so I wear kufi's too. Now people say that I'm trying to be like Common. I've been wearing Kufi's since I became Muslim in 1992. People also think that Common is now Muslim. They thought the same thing when Erykah Badu first came out. To my knowledge neither of them are Muslim. Many Muslims are offended by this. If you ask me the first steps to positivity or consciousness is done in actions and deeds done in public or private. True consciousness is GOD-consciousness. Allah(GOD) created us so who better to learn from about us then from All-mighty god Allah. This is the BEST way to obtain knowledge of self. Then whats inside is naturally displayed outward.

You can rock a Afro, beeds, kente cloth, kufi's, khimars.....whatever. This means nothin if you dont clean up inside.