Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectWhy are people so tired...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=14702&mesg_id=14744
14744, Why are people so tired...
Posted by Nettrice, Mon May-14-01 04:03 AM
...of people discussing what it takes to be natural (or free) in the society we live in. People love to go on and on about how other people are living, what people are doing to us or others and why we live the way we do (as Black people). Seems to me that being natural is a step towards getting free from the crap that keeps us down and we need to get open about it, as often as possible.

Being natural is more than a hairstyle. It's part of a lifestyle and I think that it's fair to say that people half-step by going natural with hair without changing their lifestlye.

Before I even cut off my processed hair I was a non-smoking, non-drinking, baby vegetarian. I decided that I could never get free by doing what my folks were doing so I took another path. Keeping my hair natural was a logical next step.

Hey, I'll never get tired about being natural and sharing with others what I have experienced (if they want to know). In fact, it's suspect why people are so tired of talking about it.

"Know thyself"

"Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you or forsake you". So we may boldly say, "The Lord is my helper, I will not fear. What can man do to me?"
-- Hebrews 13:5,6

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path"
--Morpheus in "The Matrix"

"It's our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities"- Dumbledore to Harry Potter "Chamber of Secrets"