Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectOH YESSSSSSSSSS!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=14702&mesg_id=14723
14723, OH YESSSSSSSSSS!
Posted by somoney, Fri May-18-01 11:01 AM
man, i cut my hair off my senior year of college because ONE i was tired of chicks saying my permed hair was a weave TWO perms had given me severe dandruff and THREE i was going through some personal ish and needed to "cleanse" in some way. but those same chicks and "the naturals" were hating like i must have a texturizer because there is no way my hair is so curly. GENETICS MAN!

when i came to nyc to go to grad school, i permed my hair again because people were approaching me with some "my sista" ish handing me flyers to poetry readings like i was down just because of my hair. it sucked. i had to separate myself again. two years ago, i was messing with this guy who follows the teachings of dr. york and he bugged me about not getting a perm. so i cut my hair off and cut him off.

now, i don't straighten my hair because ONE my hair is cool like it is TWO it is too expensive to keep up with perms and trendy styles THREE i like to mess with people's minds on the passive aggressive tip. so having people trying to "figure me out" is key.

_______

"you came and opened me, now there's so much more i see" stevie wonder verse / that's what friends are for

"...sell crazy somewhere else, lady. we're all stocked up here." jack nicholson line / as good as it gets

"it took a while to get me here and i'm gonna take my time" gwen stefani / eve's -let me blow your mind-