Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: how so..?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=1456&mesg_id=1469
1469, RE: how so..?
Posted by guest, Fri May-07-04 07:51 AM
I am somewhat skeptical about GM's also, simply because there is quite a bit of suspect things going on within the FDA and the Bush administrations policies regarding environment and food in general. For example the latest thing I have heard about organic food and there production, chemicals and farm animals, as well as chemical percentages allowed in water systems. We have the resources to naturally produce cures, and treatments for people. The unfortunate reality is that within the capitalist system, profit is before life in many occassions. Therefore, x company will put a new drug on the shelf for an exagerrated price and only allow such a drug to be offerred for a particular ailment, while there are alternatives that are much more inexpensive and just as effective that wont become available for purchase until the overhead is found to be sufficient. I am concerned for peoples well being as well, and I am sure I can speak for the others who replied that they also have compassion. Our compassion should not be what is questioned, it is the compromise to our health that we are constantly forced to respond to that is the problem. Hetep.