Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectANSWERS
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=14508&mesg_id=14561
14561, ANSWERS
Posted by osoclasi, Fri May-25-01 07:44 AM
>>I have to give you credit
>>on your respone but I
>>really do not believe that
>>the Qur'an can be considerd
>>an a reliable source in
>>this case.
>
>So heres som info from the
>Bible:
>
>
>"If you love me, keep my
>commandments. And I
>will pray the Father, and He
>shall give you another
>Comforter (Saviour), that he may abide
>with you
>forever". (Jn. 14:15,16).

Ans:Good question but there is absolutely no grounds for concluding the Helper here is Muhammed. First of all,of all the 5,366 Greek manuscripts of the NT, not a single manuscript contain the perictytos("praised one").

Second, Jesus referred to "the Helper, the Holy Spirit,whom the father sends"(John 14:26) Thrid, the "Helper"was given to His disciples("you,"v16),but Muhammed was not. Forth the helper was to abide with them forever(v16), but Muhammed has been dead for 13 centuries. Fifth,Jesus said to his disciples,"You know Him" (the helper) but they did not know Muhammed. Sixth Jesus said the Helper will be in you(v17). In no sense was Muhammed "in" Jesus apostles. Seventh our Lord affirmed the "Helper would be sent in my name"(Jn14:26) But no Muslim believe Muhammed was sent in Jesus name. Eight the Helper Jesus would send would not speak on his own authority"(Jn16:13) whearas Muhammed constantly stantly testifies to himself in the Qur'an(sura 33:40).Ninth, the Helper would glorify Jesus(Jn 16:14). Finally Jesus asserted that the helper would not come in many days(Act 1:5) whereas Muhammed did not come for 600 years.
>Also:
>
>"…The first
>of all the commandments is, Hear,
>O Israel; The Lord
>our God is ONE Lord". (Mk.
>12:29). "Thou shall worship
>the Lord thy God and Him
>ONLY shall thy serve".

That is correct this is called the Hebrew Shema the Lord is one and no christian would disagree with you. But the Bible recognizes a plurality of the persons within God.
>
"And Jesus said unto him, Why
>callest thou me good?
>None is good save one, that
>is, God". (Lk. 18:19)

Ans: Jesus did not deny he was God to the young ruler, He was examining the implications of what he(young ruler) was saying. In effect he was saying, so you realize what you are saying when you call me good? Are you saying I am God.
>

>
>