Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Who is the Comforter?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=14508&mesg_id=14560
14560, RE: Who is the Comforter?
Posted by Jennyfer, Fri May-25-01 01:56 AM
The passage you have selected tells you (Jn. 14: 26)
second sentence. "The Comforter Which is the Holy Spirit"
The Third "Person" of the Triune God.

The passages you chose don't refer to Muhammad.
Imma present more info on this subject on Monday. Sorry for the delay.

Why worship Jesus? Well he presents Himself as God
Matt 8 : 2 He Accepts Worship, and who are we to worship (see Exodus 20: 1-4)
"and behold there came a leper and worshipped him..."
Matt 28: 17 "When they saw him they worshipped him but some doubted"

John 14: 1 (Jesus is speaking) Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God,believe also in me.

He presents Himself equal to God the Father and God the Holy Spirit
John 8: 58 "Verily Verily I say to you before Abraham was I AM."
This is in direct relation to Exodus 3: 14 And God (The Father) said unto Moses I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath Sent me unto you."

Matt. 28: 19 Jesus is speaking here "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit.

John 14: 6-7 "Jesus said I am the way, the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him."

Also Pre-Incarnated Christ revealed Himself in the Old Testament, as The Angel of YHWH or The Angel of the Lord.
Joshua 5: 13-15 in direct reference to Exodus 3: 2-5
The Man Jacob wrestle with is the Pre-Incarnated Christ.. Genisis 32: 24-30 That's why Jacob's name was changed to Israel
Isra =wrestle & El = God. Also notice the 29th verse in this passage: " And Jacob asked him, and said tell me, I pray thee thy name."

To explain Mark 10: 18 Jesus was explianing to the rich guy, is that How could he (Jesus) be a good teacher if he was not What He claimed to be? Which is God. If Jesus wasn't God in the Flesh then he would not be a good teacher he then would be a false one and committer of Blasphemies. So He wants the rich guy to Call Him (Jesus) what he is....God.