Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectgood aurgument but
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=14508&mesg_id=14549
14549, good aurgument but
Posted by osoclasi, Sun May-20-01 11:35 AM
I have to give you credit on your respone but I really do not believe that the Qur'an can be considerd an a reliable source in this case. There are just to many holes in it for it to be considered a book of Divine Inspiration. Both the Bibical view of Jesus and the Islamic view of Christ cannot both be right in there claims.One says that he is God the other a prophet.

But if we are to be consistant with the teachings of the Qur'an Jesus is placed higher than just a prophet. He was sinless(Sura 3:46) Muhammed sinned and needed forgiveness(Sura 40:55 and 42:5) Jesus did Miracles ( Sura 3:49) Muhammed did not (sura 13:8 also 6:37;6:109;17:59)Jesus was the Messiah (sura 3:45;4:157,171)Muhammed did not. Jesus went to heavan (Sura 4:157) however sura 199:33 says he died and would be ressurected.
If anything the Qua'ran might as well claim that he is God they gave him everything else.

Another area of confusion is the unity of God. Although Muslims attack the Trinty( a concept most Muslims do not understand or just cannot express correctly). But Muslims allow for somethig besides Allah to be eternal expression of God without being numerically identical to him the Qur'an. Muslim scholars along with the Qua'ran have made distintions within Gods unity. Sura 85:21-22 "Nay this is a Glorious Qur'an in a Tablet Preserved. The Qur'an is uncreated and identical to the mind of God. Thus why can't Christ be the eternal "expression of Divine Will?

PS If you want to comment on this please do so with gentleness and respect. It might take me time to respond because I donnot have a computer of my own and please forgive any errors in grammer.