Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: my point is...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=14508&mesg_id=14527
14527, RE: my point is...
Posted by Jennyfer, Wed May-23-01 09:27 PM
but you can't keep throwing up
the Bible and Bible supporters
if you really want to
make an argument for or
against this topic.

Lex, So by this comment are you giving me limits to which i can debate an issue? Plus this post would be a one-sided convo if i and osoclasi didnt bring forth evidence to defend the Faith of Christianity. Is not most post in activist about Christianity against the Faith? Lex Have I not giving you sources of People That oppose the Christian Faith? (when i posted about Non-biblical sources that argee with the historical accounts in the New Testaments)Have i not giving you references where you check for yourself contrary to what i type? The Non-biblicial sources were written by people who were not Christian and they didnt believe in Christ as the God Incarnated as Christians view him.

the idea is to read opposing
and supporting histories. what usually
happens is you begin to
see a middle ground based
on FACTS from BOTH sides.
and then you can decide
for yourself.

Isn't that what i did. Now after gaining information from both sides one must choose a side, to either be For or Against something. There is no lovely gray area when it comes to the Christian faith or any other faith for that matter. You either believe it whole heartedly or you don't. Matter of fact why dont you check out this book called The Historical Jesus, by Gary Habermas.

>have faith. but don't let it blind you.

My faith is reinforced by historical evidence. If one blindly chose their faith would they be able to defend their belief? Of course not. The only thing one could say is that i believe becuase i believe. I know what I believe and the reasons why I believe it.