Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: REASON - that is peace...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=14296&mesg_id=14430
14430, RE: REASON - that is peace...
Posted by Sudani, Fri May-25-01 10:35 AM
>yeah, we could go back and
>forth, like the rest of
>this post, forever. like most,
>we think/feel "the same" but
>have different reasons behind our
>thinking/feeling.
>
>i guess the thing that got
>me was the heaven and
>hell issue. sounds like dogma.
>i think heaven and hell
>are states of being, even
>mind, and not actual places.
>i don't think the creator
>need sit in judge of
>us when we know we
>do negative. we punish our
>souls, that's punishment enough. and
>if you do not follow
>islam, that way of life?
>i think this is why
>people are interested in dr.
>york's teachings. religions and "ways
>of life" seem to have
>convenient "answers" to explain sad
>things. they also seem to
>"scare" people to positive instead
>of trusting people to avoid
>negative.

I don't believe in the scare thing according to religion because a thunder clap or near death incedent can equally cause a person to re-evaluate what they are doing and why they are here.

I think it is better to say that it is not that we are not "trusted" to do the right thing, it is more proof of how we as humans have failed over and over to do the right thing when we FORGET that we will answer for our misdeads either HERE or in the HEREAFTER. We also tend to forget that which we do not see. I may pray , but I sometimes forget that I will never have privacy because it will ALWAYS be known what I am doing.

When I was asked to do something by my mom, I worked more ferverently when she was present. When I would dance, I would gain more poise when I knew someone was present. It is like the hidden camera in a way. We will try to guard our behaviors a little better when we remember that we are always being watched.

The main issue to me is that man makes doing right seem like the hard thing to do, or the wrong thing to do,whatever. That is what is scary. I think Talib said it best when he said that Self-Destruction is easy to sell.

Allah knows best

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"The one whose faith is perfect is afflicted by the whisperer(shaytaan). The thief does not bother entering a ruined house."-(al-Jawahir al-Hisan)