Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: REASON (as a verb)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=14296&mesg_id=14427
14427, RE: REASON (as a verb)
Posted by somoney, Fri May-25-01 06:40 AM
umm... the physical body dies. the soul lives forever. matter can not be created or destroyed - solid to liquid to gas...

everyone is resurrected to be judged for what? a female chinese newborn abandoned on the street, left for dead, because of overcrowding laws and patriarchal tradition gets judged for what? your allah says "oh, you're just a baby, you didn't do anything bad, go on up to heaven..." now come on. if heaven or hell exist like that, one or both is overflowing with souls because - do you know how many people must die everyday? and what constitutes worthiness for heaven? who has it right - the jews, the christians, the muslims, etc.? will serving your god get you there? ever think serving your god is serving yourself? is it not the ultimate self-serving thing to do all you can to get to heaven? would you go to hell in order to send someone else to heaven?

as far as praying, i do. i do in a way that clears my mind, which allows me to use the wisdom the creator gave me to solve my problems. and i do to thank the creator for what i have been blessed with. not money or success, i know how to get those - but life, i really have no clear idea of how this life came about.

in the book THINGS FALL APART, some african women of a particular tribe converted to christianity because the belief system they were under did not allow for multiple births, and they were "tired" of bearing twins only to have the babies killed/sacrificed. obviously christianity was not the "answer" either, the white man used it to justify slavery. so much more goes on in this book, but from it one can reason why belief systems are faulty.

religious people often say, "never question god." it's not the creator i question, it's people. the creator has given us "clues" everyday if not every second as to how we can live on a higher level within the confines of this earth. look at the type of beings we are. we are animals. we have intellect but we have instinct. we have to survive but we feel hella guilty when we crush others to do so. and there it is, the soul. that's why i personally feel the creator exists. that tingly feeling deep inside me... everything else seems contrived and ceremonial. i choose not to feed my soul with ceremony.

______

"you came and opened me, now there's so much more i see"
stevie wonder verse / that's what friends are for

"...sell crazy somewhere else, lady. we're all stocked up here."
jack nicholson line / as good as it gets

"it took a while to get me here and i'm gonna take my time"
gwen stefani / eve's -let me blow ya mind-