Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: REASON
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=14296&mesg_id=14426
14426, RE: REASON
Posted by HashimAbdulKhaliq, Thu May-24-01 10:57 AM
>i don't think dr. york intends
>to save souls... i think
>you know one is responsible
>for one's own soul. some
>people are so out of
>touch with their respective souls,
>no matter what they do,
>they are lost.

"heaven" and
>"hell" are here on earth.

No they are not. Then why die. Why not live forever. The fact is everyone dies and then is resurrected to be judged and is then given what they deserve Heaven (a place of total bliss and hell a place of total torment)

>it's sad. it's sad that
>people think they can pray
>to get what they "want"
>and if they do not
>get it, then that is
>how whoever they call their
>god intended it to be.

You have to understand that you have no control and God does. I know its hard to submit but we all submit to something in our lives (people, situations etc.) Since God is in control and he knows best, things dont always happen the way we want them to. Something may seem bad to us when it happens but who knows what other catastrophe that we are avoiding by geting hit with hurdles. Allah knows best.

>maybe the idea of saving
>one's soul should be shifted
>from saving the soul from
>"evil" to saving the soul
>from it's "owner."

Exactly, the owner doesnt know best so he/she must trust in Allah because he does. He created us. When you create something you know it better right? Our life struggle is learning about ourselves. Who better to learn from but your Creator?
>
>has anyone read the book THINGS
>FALL APART? sometimes you have
>to shift "belief" to maintain
>your "life"...
>

I agree that you might have to change up tha pitch sometimes to adjust, but to shift belief may not cause success. Belief or Faith is the foundation. Faith in Allah and understanding that Allah is in control you find out that this is your key to success. So you pray and follow up prayer with action and see how Allah helps you out. I have experienced this many time in life especially when the odds were against me.

No I didnt read the book. I hope to some day.