Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectHOW DOES THIS INFO BENEFIT YOUR SOUL ?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=14296&mesg_id=14420
14420, HOW DOES THIS INFO BENEFIT YOUR SOUL ?
Posted by HashimAbdulKhaliq, Tue May-22-01 11:15 AM
It seems to me that people follow dudes like Dr. York because its easy. Where is the challenge? There are no REAL prohibitions like no pre-marital sex. Drinking or getting high are all cool. Its the thing to follow if you want to be different from everybody. Its the thing to deal with if you want walk around like you have some higher knowledge and are better than your fellow man. As black people we always want to be special. this type of stuff makes you special.

When to beliefs and doctrines change every 3 years, you can change too.

How does this info benefit you in this life? I dont see the benefit. Any dude can just back and dream up some stuff. this stuff seems dreamed up.

I used to read many of Dr Yorks doctrines back when he was in NY. Back when his thing anti-Sunni Muslim. Then I found some stuff that he wrote from the late 70's early 80's and he was quoting Hadiths and Quran and teaching people about Islam. Back then he had a thing for women and men praying together and a thing for having sex with all the women who joined the Ansaaru. This was written in his literature. So me as a man of logic quickly disregarded him as a reliable source of info. A reliable source of info for a guy whose concern was bettering himself. Bear in mind I read all of this when I wasnt Muslim. Keep in mind that I used some his literature to learn how to make Salaah (Pray). This is proof that he has changed his game so many times. I cross referenced his info on Salaah with Quraan and SUnnah and his info was on point.

I could go on and on. But my question is:

HOW DOES following the info that he puts out BENEFIT YOUR SOUL ?