Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectoverstanding
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=14296&mesg_id=14352
14352, overstanding
Posted by somoney, Fri May-18-01 10:21 AM
yeah, dr. york had to "belong" to every religion with holy books and teach his "followers" every religion so when approached with questions on his right knowledge vs. islam, christianity, etc. he and his "followers" could/can refute the teachings of those religions. it's like you can't say islam is BS unless you have been a muslim, so...

i do find his teachings interesting as well as confusing. it is true you can not refute his "knowledge" because who the hell knows if there are aliens or not. i can say i'm an alien, who is to tell me i'm not? so how can one "know?" it seems everything has to be "belief" just because. he says he would have to be crazy to make up all the stuff he has written. exactly.

the most messed up thing, to me, about his teachings is the idea that we are gods because of who created us. i find the idea of being an "alien god" and "earth mammal" hybrid depressing. how can we ever reach a total enlightenment when we are constantly fighting our "instinct." we are some messed up beings...

(factology.com)

______

"you came and opened me, now there's so much more i see" stevie wonder verse / that's what friends are for

"...sell crazy somewhere else, lady. we're all stocked up here." jack nicholson line / as good as it gets

"it took a while to get me here and i'm gonna take my time" gwen stefani / eve's -let me blow your mind-