Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectDid you miss the point?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=14078&mesg_id=14151
14151, Did you miss the point?
Posted by guest, Mon Apr-23-01 07:59 AM
>>>I do agree with most of the views held here opposing Eurocentricism
>
>which ones specifically? SPECIFICALLY?

Specifically the idea that Europeans have destroyed many different cultures and people. Of course this is what Eurocentricism means.. holding Europe to be the center.

I wouldn't agree with the idea that the reason Europeans have done this is only for the sake of them being Europeans. That is foolish and just as stupid as Eurocentricism. I think one of the reasons is that they kept innovating ideas into Christianity (the result of people already innovating ideas into the message of Issa (as)) so when they try to establish a government and society based on these ideas, it will obviously be destructive. Through this, Rome destroyed many tribal groups that existed in Pre-Christianity Europe, which eventually destroyed, oppressed, etc. people all over the world.

Like I said, race means nothing when it boils down to it. If you really want something that stands in your way like a mountain to be defeated, you will unite with someone you have minor or even major differences with in order to get rid of the mountain.