Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectshukran for utm and sol
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=14078&mesg_id=14145
14145, shukran for utm and sol
Posted by abduhu, Sun Apr-22-01 10:00 AM
arabic for "thank you". despite the obvious relationship we dont have as far as thinking and ways of living are concerned, we still share a common bond (i think, seeing as how i havent finished my geneological research): Africa and Africans.

the post about the tasmanans was informative and unknown to me. and several other pieces of info that you guys have put out there, despite of what a Harvard student thinks.

keep on educating, in your own special way.
i have a love/hate relationship with history concerning africans.
i LOVE to hear about them and their relationship to the world.
i HATE to hear about them and their destruction at the hands of europeans.

however, i still love those of them (and other races, tribes, etc.) that put forth a CONCERTED EFFORT to remove themselves far, far away from the stigma that comes with being european, white, or whatever.
see yusuf (i think hes of european descent), az (i think hes of arab descent)

Allah says in the 21st Surah, Al Anbiya' (The Prophets):
51. We bestowed aforetime on Abraham his rectitude of conduct, and well were We acquainted with him.
52. Behold! he said to his father and his people, "What are these images, to which ye are (so assiduously) devoted?"
53. They said, "We found our fathers worshipping them."
54. He said, "Indeed ye have been in manifest error - ye and your fathers."
55. They said, "Have you brought us the Truth, or are you one of those who jest?"
56. He said, "Nay, your Lord is the Lord of the heavens and the earth, He Who created them (from nothing): and I am a witness to this (Truth).
57. "And by Allah, I have a plan for your idols - after ye go away and turn your backs"..
58. So he broke them to pieces, (all) but the biggest of them, that they might turn (and address themselves) to it.
59. They said, "Who has done this to our gods? He must indeed be some man of impiety!"
60. They said, "We heard a youth talk of them: He is called Abraham."
61. They said, "Then bring him before the eyes of the people, that they may bear witness."
62. They said, "Art thou the one that did this with our gods, O Abraham?"
63. He said: "Nay, this was done by - this is their biggest one! ask them, if they can speak intelligently!"
64. So they turned to themselves and said, "Surely ye are the ones in the wrong!"
65. Then were they confounded with shame: (they said), "Thou knowest full well that these (idols) do not speak!"
66. (Abraham) said, "Do ye then worship, besides Allah, things that can neither be of any good to you nor do you harm?
67. "Fie upon you, and upon the things that ye worship besides Allah. Have ye no sense?"....

subhakallahumma wabihamdika ashhadu anla ilaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa attuubu ilaika