Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectBELATED RESPONSE
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=14078&mesg_id=14119
14119, BELATED RESPONSE
Posted by guest, Fri May-18-01 07:09 AM
ME:

>*seriously people, why is this guy
>afraid of the truth?

ALEK:

I love how you call the random quotes you post "truth," then expect everyone to automatically share your derision for people who have a different version.

Perhaps truth is the wrong word to use since I really don't know what it means to certain people, and since I didn't ask, I was at fault. The tone where I asked "why is this guy afraid of the truth?" was wrong. There was no need for that kind of energy whatsoever. The tone that I wanted you to receive was, "Why challenge or even question me for typing historical quotes?" Had these been in a poster's signature, would it have been met like this? I just happened to group together observances of the many (original peoples) about one particular group (europeans). This is all fact isn't it? I.E. these quotes WERE said, weren't they? And since they are not my words, THEY and THE WHOLE post is immune from the racial bias that might be attributed to me.

(((((PEACE)))))

"Pain is weakness leaving the body." -A Navy SEALS Saying

"Fall seven times, stand up eight." -Japanese Proverb

"The conciousness of self is the greatest hindrance to the proper execution of all physical action." -Bruce Lee