Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: but none of this is anything new......
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=13958&mesg_id=14043
14043, RE: but none of this is anything new......
Posted by M2, Wed May-30-01 07:55 AM
You work in IT? So do I.....Proj. Mgr./Business Analyst/The Brotha who tells folk how to engineer software/The brotha who will tell you that your app will start making you a profit and/or saving you money exactly 60 days from now. :)

I know I sound like a Banker sometimes, but I'm really an engineer.......or a Banker masquerading as an engineer....or something like that.

Let's take your idea further

Each of US needs to set aside $100/month to invest, and then keep increasing that amount as our incomes grow. I know we want to think about the community, but we need to handle our own personal bidness first.

In other words, you think Blacks should save more money? You're Black....start saving more money....write down how you spend your loot...and find ways to save. For example, I save $50/month by purchasing Nantucket Nectars from the shopping club, instead of the cafe at work.....which will grow to be about 180k in 30 years........

Each of US needs to find like minded people to form Investment clubs with, pool our money and watch it grow.

Then we need to take the Investment club idea farther.....make it an Investment company.....that simply has a pool of money contributed by each partner.....and then that company buys stock, bonds.....invests in small companies, buys real estate (similar to what Urbgriot is doing), etc, etc.

We have to think BIG in terms of what we do with pooling our money, and we also need to think about what we do with our own.
So the first step in your idea, is for each of us to re-examine our own finances and get to saving/investing. NOW DAMNIT.

Peace,

M2