Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectvery x-files of you
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=13958&mesg_id=14039
14039, very x-files of you
Posted by BooDaah, Wed May-30-01 05:23 AM
my take is a bit less "covert" (for lack of a better term).

it simply entails:

1. using your/our skills to benefit us, rather than going to work for "them" and taking a slice of what they charge someone else. the problem here is #1 you're gonna have to work harder, #2 you might have to "make" less in the short term (but not necessarily in the long run because you reap the benefits for all your work instead of someone else.

2. combining our myriad skills to create a network of skills/resources. example - i own a web design firm. if you have a business, you should be able to come to ME and for a fair price and recieve quality service. i won't get over on you on the cost, or provide lackluster service. when i need YOUR service, i/you reciprocate. the problem here is not trying to "get what you can" at the expense of your folk. this "buy black" thing has ALWAYS been a good idea basically, but the manifestation has been piss poor to say the least.

3. we need to become less consumptive of our harvest. by simply running through all you earn, you never make any progress for the future of yourself or "the next". forgot buying a benz, hell buy a hyndai and invest the rest. just cause you can afford it, don't make it the "best buy". by trying to keep up with "them" (and internally creating an atmosphere of consumption -- but that's another post) we're cutting our own throats. "they" have ZERO taking our money, and laughing at our broke behind and then callinng us a "nigga/nigger" (or whatever) on the way out.

but none of this is anything new......