Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Black folk need to quit bitchin'
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=13958&mesg_id=14034
14034, RE: Black folk need to quit bitchin'
Posted by Ximo, Tue May-29-01 12:13 PM
People, people, please listen to this and let me know what you think..

What is this all about? I'm not as closely related to Afrika like you seem to be (I'm european, and doesn't like capitalism) and I have no clue what you are talking about. Who is that lecturer? Is it some kind of revolution going on or what?

I havent got much to say about it cause I don't know that much about it, but let me tell you something I think you should think about.

You are a people. Well, who cares? I am a people too. Everyone are people. Oh, you are 'black people'. Well, who cares? It's just color! Nope, it's culure and heritage.

See? That's what it's looks like many are saying. But in fact, there's no difference between me and you. We're all people, in fact the same people according to science (all coming from Africa). There's no difference in DNA structure, the only differences we have between us in general is our past and history. Our forefathers. But don't let that seperate us!

There's not reason to think about yourself as black people or white people or anything, if we're all just people. If you think you are just a human like everyone else, what are your chances in getting what you want? A lot bigger than if you just think you're black. If you think you're black, you'll probably think things are much harder to get..

See what I'm saying? If not, let me know but don't get pissed.. Sorry if I have defended you, I didn't mean anything negative at all, I'm just writing down some thoughts about this.

Peace