Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjecttoo much to type out...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=13958&mesg_id=13970
13970, too much to type out...
Posted by guest, Tue May-29-01 11:20 AM
i wih i could call yall and explain some things...

>>This isn't about being Afrikan or European. Afrikans were the first to create Capitalism (as Urbgriot already pointed out) the Europeans are copying us!

afrikans created capitalism?!? where? if you happen to find an example of this please share, but before you do read the ayi kwei armah post.

>>It may not be the Afrikan philosophy that Solarus and Utamaharo preach, but it will help the Black community and that's what's important.

i thnk you are sincere, but listen to history and elders who've seen this tried and failed. you pointed out that we truly haven't arrived yet economically, you're right. but think faster and farther, accelerate your ideas, and see possible flaws. what we "preach" is success without compromise. not success with the possiblility of failure/asimilation/etc.

>>Afrika isn't a monolith, it's the most diverse place on earth....there are diverging ideas and ideologies there as well. Let's accept it and move on.....we all want the same stuff in the end.

not everybody, remember, different people have different standards, some none at all. someone wanting money and power will pollute an ocean without thinking twice, another would build a mosque while the bulders and community finds it hard to feed itself. remeber mistakes of the past and build upon them.

>>Afrika isn't a monolith, it's the most diverse place on earth...

africa the continent and afrikan thought are two totally different things.

(((((PEACE)))))

"Pain is weakness leaving the body." -A Navy SEALS Saying

"Fall seven times, stand up eight." -Japanese Proverb

"The conciousness of self is the greatest hindrance to the proper execution of all physical action." -Bruce Lee