Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: make the system work for us?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=13958&mesg_id=13967
13967, RE: make the system work for us?
Posted by M2, Tue May-29-01 10:19 AM
It's not the system, it's the people

The mere fact that you build a large company and make Billions isn't significant, it's HOW you do it that is. Are you fair? Are you honest? Do you lie? Do you cheat? Do you steal? Do you exploit the environment or people?

This is an ethical discussion, not a cultural one.

There are whites who have Built Billions who aren't cheating people or exploiting or opressing them, why? Because they have ethics.

Warren Buffet is going to leave his Billion dollar fortune (#3 in the world based on value, probably #1 based on liquidity) to charity..it all goes to charity when he dies. Not a dime goes to his kids..

This isn't about being Afrikan or European. Afrikans were the first to create Capitalism (as Urbgriot already pointed out) the Europeans are copying us!

It's not about culture either, it's about how you conduct yourself when you build your Business.

So since the first empires were Afrikan, I'm going to keep it real and build my empire. I'm just not going to shit on people on my way up, first and foremost I'm going to take care of me my family, then I'm going to take care of other Blacks....they'll know that they can work for me and get paid fairly and not get passed over.

It may not be the Afrikan philosophy that Solarus and Utamaharo preach, but it will help the Black community and that's what's important.

It's time for us to stop fighting over niggling things like this and focus on economic empowerment and empowerment in general. Afrika isn't a monolith, it's the most diverse place on earth....there are diverging ideas and ideologies there as well. Let's accept it and move on.....we all want the same stuff in the end.

Furthermore, being a success is not a European concept....nor is making a lot of money...IMHO that's a trap that a lot of Blacks fall into, because they're only used to seeing Whites as the economically successful ones.

Trust me, we do this right.....we teach Blacks how to manage and make money.....add that to the fact that we increase our Business Revenues and Yearly incomes about 3x as fast as the economy in General and/or White people......our Grandkids will say to their friends:

"You'd better stop acting white and get better grades"

"You'd better stop acting white and invest your money better"

We have a long way to go.....BUT we have the resources and ability to get there......and IMHO due in a way that is better and more community orientated then how whites do it.

Just my opinion.

Peace,

M2