Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: too discrimanatory
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=13827&mesg_id=13839
13839, RE: too discrimanatory
Posted by guest, Thu Jun-07-01 07:21 PM
that's it, too.

"A person can be a white suburban kid frustrated with the bullshit they see around them and for that person Kweli, or Dilated could be the answer."

notice i said '_primarily_ a class division'? Not _just_, or _only_. It's just that anyone who supports hip-hop culture cannot HELP but be conscious of the struggles of daily life which are the main fuel for our collective fires..... it's not like other music.
It makes us talk about "us", for starters. I never met any of y'all, but we have this common dialogue. I don't care where you live, if you listen to hip-hop (and i mean listen in the truest sense- like, feeling it in your SOUL) then you cannot help but be aware of how life is in the ever-growing, worldwide, non-stop ghetto that is the lifestyle of most of us....

The ghetto monster doesn't care what colour you are, or where you're from, or what music you like... if you can't battle your way forward in the struggle, it'll eat you up and not think twice.

One love.... whoever you are, i've got your back.