Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Hmmmmm.....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=13744&mesg_id=13825
13825, RE: Hmmmmm.....
Posted by Nettrice, Wed Jun-13-01 11:22 AM
>Well, the knowledge of self part
>was good, Lady. I pray
>for a King who will
>sit my daughters down and
>lecture them about the plight
>of the Black Man and
>Woman in America. Shoot, that
>will be less work for
>ME to do.....

A couple of years ago, my father contacted me (through my mother) and wanted to visit me. I hadn't heard from him in six years. My last conversation with him was a bad one but I have forgiven him. I was at peace and living my own life the way I wanted to live it. I honored his request and he came hundreds of miles to see me and stay in my home. It was weird.

So I played host to my estranged father. We talked a lot. It was an open, honest conversation. It was a positive visit. He knows I am not longer angry but he also knows I want peace in my life. He's not there, yet.

"Know thyself"

"Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you or forsake you". So we may boldly say, "The Lord is my helper, I will not fear. What can man do to me?"
-- Hebrews 13:5,6

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path"
--Morpheus in "The Matrix"

"It's our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities"- Dumbledore to Harry Potter "Chamber of Secrets"