Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjecti don't know what made me more ill...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=13617&mesg_id=13709
13709, i don't know what made me more ill...
Posted by guest, Tue Jun-12-01 07:01 PM
i don't know what made me more ill...

...the fact that a human life was taken...like many have said who are we to judge and take the lives of other humans when we are only human ourselves...let higher powers (which ever u have a belief in) deal with people such as mcveigh...no human nor group of humans (govt) should have this power...we all know many mistakes are made in our justice system...besides the fact this guy seemed to want to die...why should he 'get off so easy' or 'get his way'...let him sit there and deal with the consequences of what he did...who knows one day he might have even felt remourse for what he did...but that is not even the point...killing this man did not bring back any of the people who died in that building...

OR

...the fact that every channel was so saturated with all the morbid details of his impending death...in the mornings my family ususally watches those silly morning shows just while everyone is getting ready...u expect to see mindless entertainment (since i for one am hardly even awake during the morning)...u know emeril or some other cooking segment...and silly concerts that u don't even care about...but to wake up and be bombarded with death death death...it was sickening...i had to go to a back room to retreat...it made my head spin...

SOME OTHER POINTS
...what about the other(s) who were involved?? what is it about this man that has the media/govt's attention and vengence so focused on him?? i only know of one other guy in prison for this bombing beside mcveigh and he's mentioned so few times i can never even remember his name...so can anyone explain why mcveigh is getting so much attention?? it's kind of fitting that i'm rereading orwell's 1984 right now...mcveigh seems to equal goldstein and ingsoc's daily two minutes of hate...but the difference between the book and reality...most of our society feels they have chosen to feel this way about mcveigh, when the constant media attention most likely made up their minds for them...in the book the characters are either obviously and unknowingly brainwashed, with the exception of a few main characters...anyhow...i'm getting too far off track...

...oh ish...i had another point but i'm so tired and i got so lost in my other points i believe i forgot it...anyhow...that's my two cents...

Mic1L@aol.com