Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: My Point
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=13617&mesg_id=13639
13639, RE: My Point
Posted by standard deviant, Wed Jun-13-01 08:31 AM
So I take it you argue reciprocity as moral in all other instances as well. For instance, if someone steals, their punishment should only be to be stolen from. If someone perjurs, their punishment should only be to be perjured against? I'm glad you'll put your stamp of approval on the state meting out these punishments. That will make me feel much better as I watch the insanity.

He killed people, that was immoral. So explain to me where the morality lies in killing him?

The fact of the matter is that we grant the state what they take from us. We tell the state (or, more often, it tells us) what rights we want it to protect...and it says "ok, but in order to protect those rights, I will have to take them away at will". And we lovingly respond "OK".

"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech"--Being John Malkovich

"Killing fields need blood to graze the cash cow..."--Mos Def

"No matter how insane and dispicable you act, I can one up you, because I work for the government."--Million Dollar Hotel

"I'm not racist--I LOVE Hip-Hop."--DarkStar