Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subject"The voter's guide for serious catholics"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=134&mesg_id=134
134, "The voter's guide for serious catholics"
Posted by love2000, Mon Oct-11-04 03:51 PM

I was at a wedding this weekend and found this in the church. I never realized how Republican the Catholic church was until now. The pamphlet does everything but say, 'vote for Bush'.

I'll quote most, but will not type out the full explanation for all..
---

The five non-negotitable issues

These five issues are called non-negotiable because they concern actions that are always morally wrong and must never be promoted by the law. It is a serious sin to endorse or promote any of these actions and no candidate who really wants to advance the common good will support any of the five non-negotiables.

1. Abortion
2. Euthanasia
3. Fetal Stem Cell Research
4. Human Cloning
5. Homosexual "Marriage"

How NOT to Vote:

1. Do not base your vote on your political party affiliation, your earlier voting habits, or your family's voting tradition
2. Do not cast your vote bsed on candidates' appearance, personality, or media savvy.
3. Do not vote for candidates simply because they declare themselves to be Catholic.
4. Do not choose among candidates based on 'what's in it for me?'
5. Do not reward with your vote candidates who are right on lesser issues but who are wrong on key moral issues.

How to vote:

1. Determine how each candidate stands on the five non-negotiable issues.
2. Eliminate candidates who are wrong on any of the non-negotiable issues.
3. Choose from among the remaining candidates based on your assessment of each candidate's views on other, lesser issues.