Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectcooked food...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=13012&mesg_id=13027
13027, cooked food...
Posted by guest, Thu Jul-12-01 06:15 AM
is by the very nature of adding heat is denatured...nutritionally more deficient than raw foods...

thus to get the necessary amounts of a nutrient, you have to eat more...cooked food is enzyme deficient since they are killed when heated...and thus your body must produce those enzymes which are the catylysts in chemical processes in the body, when they are drained health deteriorates. cooked food, especially here in babylon stays in the colon for much longer periosds of time than raw...i can eat this raw meal here in front of me and expect a bowel movement in 3-4 hours. this is why babies shit so often, they hav a pure system. i know people who go 7 days without taking a nice crap! if you ever have a chance to get a colonic, watch what comes out of you...i've been vegan for 3 years and had 5 lbs of "stones" come out of me...that was compacted undigested food from "years" back.

i find the summertime the best to start raw, cuz you'll crave the water in fruits and veggies...i've eaten 6 plums already, and feel hydrated...there are some raw recipes that would have you astonished that they aren't cooked and taste sooo good. raw pizza and raw lasagna are better than the cooked versions by far..mainly though i like to eat very simple, simple food...