Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: RAMADAN
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=12987&mesg_id=13004
13004, RE: RAMADAN
Posted by abduhu, Thu Jul-12-01 07:59 AM
>correct any incorrect information, but...

unkay.

>don't you only eat (feast) after
>the sun goes down right
>before bed

man we go to bed at night, not at sunset. seriously......no feast, just eat. it is forbidden to overindulge and be gluttonous. and not immediately before bed, but between bedtime and sunset time. and before the sunrises. anytime before the sun rises and after it sets. some muslims are up 2 and 3 hours before sunrise, so they eat then. not me though.

...isn't that like the
>worst kind of eating time,

yes, it is. right b4 bed, that is. but we dont do that. not as a rule of thumb anyways.

>and why is it called
>fasting? you still eat, and
>at night?!?

the definition of the fast is set by Allah, not us. that is all that he requires of us. the main thing is to do without and abstain, like others who are not fortunate to even eat at all. putting self in the shoes of those less fortunate has grounding effects of the one who fasts correctly.

and its not just a fast from food and drink, but also from sins (not perfect), marrital sexual relations, vain talk, anything that is not useful, etc...........

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet (s.a.w) said, "Whoever does not give up forged speech and evil actions, Allah is not in need of his leaving his food and drink (i.e. Allah will not accept his fasting.)" (Bukhari)

and an increase in good deeds.

' Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: The Prophet (s.a.w) was the most generous amongst the people, and he used to be more so in the month of Ramadan when Gabriel visited him, and Gabriel used to meet him on every night of Ramadan till the end of the month. The Prophet used to recite the Holy Qur'an to Gabriel, and when Gabriel met him, he used to be more generous than a fast wind (which causes rain and welfare).' (Bukhari)

that kind of fast. healthy and spiritual.

>try a 42 day no solid
>anything juice fast...that's a fast,
>and a healthy one too.

just might do that. i was reading that grape juice is the bomb since it has.......i forgot what it has, but its in the website above on one of the colon cleansing pages.

who is Prophet Muhammad -salla Allahu 'alaihi wa sallam (peace be upon him)? click here to read his biography entitled, "Ar-Raheeq Al-Makhtum" (The Sealed Nectar) :
http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/Books/SM_tsn/

Narrated Aisha (Prophet Muhammad's wife):
The Prophet used to offer prayer at night (for such a long time) that his feet used to crack. I said, "O Allah's Apostle! Why do you do it since Allah has forgiven you your faults of the past and those to follow?" He said, "Shouldn't I love to be a thankful slave (of Allah)?' When he became old, he prayed while sitting, but if he wanted to perform a bowing, he wound get up, recite (some other verses) and then perform the bowing.

subhaanakallahumma (Glory be to you, Oh Allah), wabihamdika (and I praise You). ashhadu anla ilaha illa anta (I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except You). astaghfiruka (I seek Your forgiveness), wa attuubu ilaika (and I turn to You in Repentance).