Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectwhy...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=12617&mesg_id=12904
12904, why...
Posted by B9, Thu Jun-14-01 04:16 AM
No other religion thinks that they have to 'save' every other person. The post above made an analogy of a burning house to justify missionary work, but if the people dont think they are burning nor do they wish to leave their houses, why must christians feel it so damn neccessary to trespass on others beliefs and THEN damn them for not being aware of their state of
"savagery"?
Why does a church need money? i still have yet to see this answered or put to good use. the screamers and cryers on the television put the money back in to them being on television, preaching to the convereted, of sorts, since no one actually watchs those chanells unless they are allready christian.
some people use it to fund international food aid to relief famine and provide medical attention for those who need it. Now, without starting a massive fire and debate, why is this neccessary and are their NO intellectual christians who see the cataclismic ecological disaster that "blind relief" is causing, as our current way of life and self-rightous thoughts are sending us careening toward 12 billion people on this planet?
YOu say "why do christians have to be poor". Well, isnt it at the heart of chrsitianity that material things are of no consequence to the love expressed and beheld by God and jesus?
you attack those who dont quote the bible when they are critiquing christianity. well, when you 'minister' to those of other faiths, do you quote the Koran or eight-fold path? to quote the bible as some sort of authority would be false on my part or any one elses who doesnt believe in the junk. it would be akin to memorizing the Hobbitt.
what else...
you talk of gravity as if you yourself took some convincing that it exists. how long did it take you to grasp that if you jump, something will make you come back down? or how long did it take you to realize that if you throw a ball, it will eventually hit the ground? not long at all, i would hope. so then, why do you have to be told over and over again that what you should whole-heartedly believe is correct?
reassurance. reassurance because mans nature as a being from the same wilderness as lions, bears, elephants, etc...tells him "this isnt right", so you have to be told over and over again to quite that voice. Christianity is what gave rise to and supports mass-agriculture which is feeding the fire of population explosion (see here the Crescent) and also gives reassurance to man that he IS the most superios being on this planet, when in actuality, he is just the most numerous becuase man made himself that.
Quote Quinn to me and I will quote the bible back to you.
why was there nearly a 300 year stager between the writting of the bible and the actions that occured in it?
again, why does christianity need SOOO much negative imagery in order to be effected? Scared Straight?

anyway...

"Flying Humanbeing: a bird will visit you in a few days and it will tell you you are a retarded communist.
A Bear: You will meet this bear very soon. You will get into a little fight concerning who is having the worse economic crisis: belieze or malysia
Empty House: gnomes have entered your home and are planning a giant attack. They will steal all your furniture."
From Understanding Dreims, the companion booklet to Kettel's "Dreim", out now on Kracfive music.