Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Prophet Muhammad (saws)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=12617&mesg_id=12893
12893, RE: Prophet Muhammad (saws)
Posted by HashimAbdulKhaliq, Thu Jun-14-01 04:05 AM
>There are many reasons why we
>don't accept Muhammad's teachings in
>the Qu' ran.
>
>First of all, they completely contradict
>all 66 books in the
>bible. The 66 books in
>the bible were written by
>over 40 different people throughout
>a span of over 2000
>years. Yet all these 66
>books agree with each other
>on this simple principle, man
>was created perfect. He lost
>His perfection through sin. God
>made a plan to restore
>mankind back to where Adam
>was. He created a sacrifice
>system that allowed men to
>have their sins forgiven.

In Islam we are on the same lines.

This
>was done first by animals
>which provided temporary forgiveness.

Muslim sacrifice animals as well. As a matter fact most Muslim meat stores sacrifice animals in a certain manner. The animal is killed in a humane way and the animal is killed in the name of Allah. So from the meat that comes from the animal, people are fed. The person who sacrfices the animal feeds his/her family and can give the other parts away for charity to the needy or other friends and family.

>But
>the problem was that man
>was still in a fallen
>state because we were all
>still descendants of Adam. So
>God sent Himself, enclosed in
>flesh.To live a perfect
>life with no sin.

As Muslims we believe Allah to be perfect. Allah is the creator, the first, the last, the one, the unique, the all knowing ..all powerful. We hold Allah in high esteem. In such a esteem that he's beyond having to stoop to this level.

>Being
>innocent of sin, like the
>animals, he qualified to be
>a sacrifice for the sins
>of the Jews.

So God in his infinite position allowed himself to be sacrificed?

>But since
>He was God, the creator
>of all men, He also
>qualified to be a sacrifice
>for the sins of all
>men. And again, since He
>was and is God, whatever
>He did one time, lasts
>for eternity. So now there
>is no longer a need
>for another sacrifice for sin.

>So now when I sin,
>rather than cracking open a
>goat on the altar, I
>can just plead the blood
>which not only covers my
>sins like the blood of
>animals but literally washes away
>the sin from me completely
>to the point where I
>can appear before God as
>if I had never sinned.

So thats it. You can sin and continue to sin and no matter what your sins will be forgiven? So for example: A person can rape children and just keep raping children and his sins are always forgiven? As long as he or she sacrifices he or she is cool and the sins are forgiven without a doubt.

>The Qu' ran has no
>sacrifice system for sin. The
>Qu' ran doesn't teach about
>bloodshed which is necessary to
>forgive sin according to the
>bible. So how are muslims
>getting their sins forgiven? Just
>by asking Allah? Doing some
>atonement ritual? Then Allah is
>a different god from the
>God of the bible. Because
>the God of the bible
>requires a blood sacrifice for
>sin. And that blood sacrifice
>has to be completely innocent
>of sin.

In Islam the system of forgiveness is called Taubah. First and foremost the way to forgiveness is as follows:

1) Muslims are taught to not go near to sin. For example a Muslim man or woman shouldnt be alone with the opposite sex that is not a spouse or a family member without a third party.
"Go not near to fornication"

2) Say that you do make a mistake and commit sin. No you should go to repent. There is a condition for repentance: you should feel remorse and bad that you have commited this sin. Even if no one knows but you Allah knows. Allah is all knowing, all hearing...all seeing.

3) From the remorse which is based on your level of faith, love and fear for Allah you go to repent.

4) Repentance is simply a sincere prayer to Allah for forgiveness. There is another condition for true repentance. That condition is the sinner should have no intention on retruning to the sin. If the sinner is weak they will ask Allah to help them become strong and then try thier best to put something in place to combat to temptation of the particular sin.

Example: If the sinners problem is fornication (sex without marriage). The sinner should strive to not be alone with the opposite sex. Another option is: If there are two people (a male and a female) that are in love with each other they should work towards marriage.

5) There are other ways to atone from sin. One way is sacrifice a animal but it doesnt stop there. A person can fast. A person can feed and or help out the needy or give charity. A person can visit the sick. A person can really just strive to do good deeds. In Islam good deeds can wash away sins. Allah loves constancy. Meaning he loves what is done constantly with pure intention. The purest of intentions is doing some thing for Allah's pleasure only not to show off or grand stand for people to see you.
>
>Also the bible teaches that God
>made a covenant with Abraham,
>Isaac, and Jacob. But the
>Qu' ran only acknowledges Abraham
>and says that Isaac and
>Jacob did not have a
>covenant with God.

I dont know what you mean by covenant but Allah aknowledges and uplifts Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. They all seen as prophets and thier stories are told by Allah in the Quran as examples for us to follow. As a matter of fact Hajj is built completely around Abrahams life and example.
>
>The Qu' ran says that Arabic
>people are the chosen people
>of God.

No it doesnt. Allah only mentions that he chose Arabic as the language for the Quran and a Arab to be his prophet (Muhamed (SAWS)
>But the bible
>says that the Jews were
>the chosen people of God
>and that(before Jesus), the arabic
>people were enemies of God.
>
>
>The bible teaches in the new
>testament that Jesus is the
>Son of God and that
>anyone who says that Jesus
>is not the Son of
>God is the antichrist. The
>Qu' ran clearly says that
>Jesus is a prophet, not
>the son of God and
>Muhammad clearly said that Allah
>had NO son.
>

TRUE very TRUE

>The Qu' ran says that Muhammad
>is the greatest prophet.

No it doesnt. The only thing special about the Prophet Muhammed is that Allah chose him as the last prophet to mankind. Allah mentions in the Quran for believers to not put any prophet over any other one they were all great and they all came with the SAME message. Allah also teaches that all prophets were Muslim. Meaning they submitted to Allahs will.

> But
>the bible says that John
>the baptist was the greatest
>prophet because he made the
>way for the Son of
>God to come into His
>ministry of salvation, preaching repentance
>to the Jews and pointing
>out who the messiah is
>to them.
>
>The Qu' ran says that Muhammad
>recieved the words of the
>Qu' ran from the arch
>angel Gabriel. But the bible
>says that all the writers
>of the books of the
>bible received those words from
>the Spirit of God Himself,
>who is God with all
>the power and authority of
>God. None of the men
>in the bible were inspired
>to write what they wrote
>by angels, but by God
>Himself.
>

Allah sent the Angel Jibrail (gabriel) as just a messenger with his word. Allah also mentions in the Quran that he doest speak to anyone except through a veil. As far the prophet Muhammed is concerned along with Moses they both were sent the Angel Jabrail. He was the veil.

>The bible says that if anyone
>tells you something that goes
>against the word, even an
>angel, believe the word. Because
>not all the angels follow
>God and the bible says
>that even satan has the
>ability to appear to men
>as an angel of light.
>
>
>So as you can see their
>are a lot of contradictions
>between what the bible teaches,
>and what the Qu' ran
>teaches. Therefore, only one of
>those books are the word
>of God because the One
>true and living God won't
>contradict Himself.

True. Muslims have to believe in the bible in its original form to be the word of Allah. To my knowledge and the knowledge of many Scholars, historians and even other Christians the bible has been tampered with by humans BIG TIME. It takes me the Paul thing.

Note: I do not like to debate with people about religion. In no way am I trying to mock or make fun of your beliefs. I just want to clear up what you say about the Quran and Islam. Too many times people dont read and or study things and they speak about them based on heresay and myth. They say of Islam what is NOT true. They speak from mere conjeture and not facts. My message is for people to not teach or talk about Islam based on something that they were taught from someone who doesnt know about it. There are many Muslims here on Okayplyr dot com, if you got a question just ask.