Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: the comforter is the Holy Spirit
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=12617&mesg_id=12870
12870, RE: the comforter is the Holy Spirit
Posted by Jennyfer, Wed Jun-13-01 07:33 PM
>john:
>7 Nevertheless I tell you the
>truth; It is expedient for
>you that I go away:
>for if I go not
>away, the Comforter will not
>come unto you; but if
>I depart, I will send
>him unto you.
>8 And when he is come,
>he will reprove the world
>of sin, and of righteousness,
>and of judgment

after reading this i think the verse your talking about is John 14:16....That try to connect this verse with the Qur'an 61 : 6. Reference to Muhammaed is ahmad. (Periclytos in the greek) Of the more than five thousand NT greek manuscripts there is no manuscript authority placing this word Periclytos (Praised One) in the original as muslims claim it should read.

In this passages Jesus clarifies the Helper as the Counselor, The Holy Spirit whom the Father will send. John 14: 26 The Helper was giving to Jesus' apostles verse 16 mainly those who would testify of Him, because they had been with Him from the Beginning. John 15: 27 Luke 1: 1-2 but Muhammad was not one of Jesus's apostles. So he could not be the One Jesus referred to as helper. (Paraclete)

The Helper Jesus promised was to abide with them forever (John 14: 16). But Muhammad has been dead for thirteen centuries. Jesus said to His disciples "You Know Him......(Verse 17) The apostle didnot know Muhammed. Muhammed was born six centuries later.

Also Jesus told the disciples that the Helper will be in you. Muhammed could not have been in Jesus' disciples. Jesus said the Helper would be sent "in my name" (john 14: 26) But no muslim believes that Muhammed was sent in Jesus' name.

The Helper was to glorify Jesus John 16: 14. BUt Muhammed according to muslims is superior to Jesus. Finally Jesus said the Helper would come in a few days (Acts 1: 5) and not many centuries later.