Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectJesus was PREDESTINED TO DIE?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=12617&mesg_id=12826
12826, Jesus was PREDESTINED TO DIE?
Posted by abduhu, Thu Jun-14-01 09:18 AM
>>>>this is not a trick question,
>>>>but it is leading up
>>>>to something else.
>>>>
>>>>Responce: I think were on the web at the same time. But my time is a lot shorter. Jesus was sacrificed because it is rooted in the original sin. See whats going on is that when Adam sinned we all sinned. And since we all have fallen short of the glory of God there has to be an atonement for our sins. Why? because believe it or not God is a God of judgement. He can't overlook sin, there has to be a price to be paid. Jesus paid the penalty of death for us. God cannot forgive without punishing, and there is no way for the debt of sin to be paid than for a sinless son of God to do so. A penalty must be paid by the person themselves or by someone else for them which enables them to go to heaven.
>>
>>did God know that we would
>>sin?
>
>Responce: He sure did.

ok. YOU said in post #233. "No problem:":
"Then predestination, the God of the Bible gives us free will. While in some points of the Qur'an he does then other parts it seems as if Allah is the only one doing anything."

and when I asked you: did God know that we would sin?
and you said: "He sure did."

so that tells me that jesus WAS PREDESTINED TO DIE for our sins, b/c God knew AFORETIME that we WOULD SIN.

and therefore, according to you, if it WAS PREDESTINED, we really dont have a choice. AND as such, JESUS really DIDNT HAVE A CHOICE, based on the information THAT YOU SUPPLIED.

and based on the information THAT YOU SUPPLIED above, how can there be "free will" in the bible, if JESUS was PREDESTINED TO DIE?

subhaanakallahumma (Glory be to you, Oh Allah), wabihamdika (and I praise You). ashhadu anla ilaha illa anta (I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except You). astaghfiruka (I seek Your forgiveness), wa attuubu ilaika (and I turn to You in Repentance).