Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Closing thoughts...(c) Jerry Springer
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=12617&mesg_id=12803
12803, RE: Closing thoughts...(c) Jerry Springer
Posted by guest, Tue Jun-12-01 12:34 PM
I wanted to ask you if you could explain to me where Muslims get the name Allah from. Also, could you let me know what the moon and the "*" symbol I see mean to the muslim religion?

I am a Christian and I have seen some of the Christian response on here trying to convince you to believe in Christ and denounce Islam. I noticed that you said that Christianity is another way to get to God and that it is a religion just like other religions. I have heard some other non-christians say that as well.

I want to let you know that unlike some other Christians on here I understand why you believe what you believe. I am not saying I agree, I am just saying I understand.

The reason why I say this is because I come to find that a lot of Christians really believe what they believe, but they really don't understand why they believe what they believe. Don't get me wrong, I am glad they believe, because according to the bible, this is what it takes to get to heaven and be right with God. But if a Christian doesn't understand why they believe what they believe, then Christianity becomes what I call Christianism. Christianism is not true Christianity but an offset of Christianity that believes that one can earn the right to go to heaven. And so Christians, like all other religions have a set guidelines of rules by which we decide who gets to go to heaven and who doesn't. I have also found in my daily encounter with people that out of all the people who have encountered Christianity on this planet, including people who call themselves Christians, 90% of them have only been exposed to Christianism, not true Christianity.

You say what's the difference. Christianism is the belief that works make you righteous or unrighteous. Therefore, based off the amount of good works one does with determine what level of righteousness one can achieve. So if I do 20 good deeds in a week, and 5 bad deeds. And you do 15 good deeds in a week and 7 bad deeds. Then I am more righteous than you are. Because of works. This is something all religions believe and the most righteous person in every religion is the one who does the most deeds. This is why catholics call the disciples and mother Teresa saints because of the number of good works that they done. And the crack head that just got born again yesterday a sinner because he has yet to do good works. This is Christianism. And if this is true Christianity, then you are right, Christianity is no different than any other religion on this planet.

But guess what, this isn't true Christianity. What I am about to tell you, only about 10% of the Christians on this planet know. But this number is increasing everyday for those who believe.

The one thing we can agree on is this, there is ONE God, and He is perfect. That's where our agreement ends. What follows is the difference between true Christianity and every other religion in the world. You know the story, God made man(Adam) in His image and likeness. Adam was created perfect. He was right with God yet He did absolutely nothing to earn it. He had no rules to follow, no rituals to commit to. He didn't have to go to church on Sunday or Saturday, there was no 10 commandments, keeping the Sabbath all these rules that we have in religion today. Adam did nothing to earn God's righteousness, He was simply made in the image and likeness of God, perfect. Then God gives Him one commandment, no rituals, no rules, just one commandment, don't eat from that tree. And Adam was perfect. He walked with God in His holiness being just as Holy as God, because God took His holiness and gave it to Adam and created Adam with it.

Now, you have to agree that this was God's ultimate will for man. That we be holy and perfect just like Him. But God didn't want robots, he wanted beings who would choose to obey Him. But the problem with that is, a human was free to choose not to obey Him. But God wanted His dream to come true, never the less. His own children that He could show His goodness too. Look at all the stuff God put in the garden. Adam wanted for nothing. But Adam disobeyed, and he lost that holiness. He was no longer right with God. He could no longer commune with God like He could in the garden. And not only Adam, but all humans born after him. But God wasn't satisfied with this. he made a promise to Eve that her seed would bruise the serpents head, meaning there would be a man who would have authority over the serpent again. This authority was shown when God said that the satan would bruise his heel meaning satan or the serpent would be beneath this man's feet.

So along comes Moses. God gives Moses the law and says to Moses, to be right with me, keep all my commandments. 613 commandments. No one could do it. Everyone made mistakes. Some more than others but to be perfect would require someone keeping the law without ever making one mistake. So for the next 1500 years, no one on earth was able to do this. It seems like man would never be able to be right with God again. But God had a plan even before Adam sinned. He set up the system by saying anyone(human) who could live a perfect life would not only be right with me but equal with Me in Holiness. Anyone who can't do this, they can't abide with Me in heaven.

So that was God's requirement, perfection. But only God was perfect. Only God could keep His own commandments. So the only choice God had was to make Himself flesh. To be born as a Jew and keep His own commandments. So God took His word. Because God and His word are one. And he wrapped His word in flesh literally becoming One with His own creation.

Now I know you don't believe this, but because we are all the seed of Adam, no human being born of a mother and father could be perfect, no one. Not Muhammad, not Buddha, no one. You could do all the good works you could and you would still make a mistake and come short of God. And coming short of God won't suffice. Because no matter how many good works you did, you would all be judged for what Adam did. Which seems unfair. But since by one man, all was made unrighteous, then only by One man can all become righteous. Adam was made righteous, so God had to make another man. Someone who didn't come to earth by natural means but supernatural. So God impregnated a woman. He took her egg and made her egg one with His word. This was prophesized in the old testament.(Let me know if you want the scriptures). And so God's word became flesh. And when God's word became flesh, this fleshly version of God was called His Son. Not because the Father came before the word, but because the Word became flesh. And so Jesus now, being 100% man, yet 100% God refered to God as His Father, only because He now had flesh. And He kept every commandment and became a sacrifice.

In the old testament, Jews sacrificed animals for their sins. The reason they could do this was because an animal couldn't be guilty of sin. So what the Jewish priest would do, is impute all the sins of man on this goat and kill the goat thereby killing sin. But the problem was, the blood of animals was only temporary, this is why the Jews had to do this, year after year. But when God made Himself flesh, lives with no sin, and became a sacrifice. His blood is eternal. So what the blood of Jesus did was clean sin forever. It was able to go into the past and clean the sins of the men and women who lived before that time, yet go into the future and cleanse us who were not yet born or had believed. Therefore Jesus, became the final sacrifice for sin.

So my this is what seperates Christianity from any other religion. First of all, Christianity is not a religion, but a belief. A belief that says God demands perfection. In Adam, we all come short of God. But in Jesus(covered and washed by His sacrificial blood) we are MADE(like Adam) right with God. So even when I mess up, I always get judged based off what Jesus did, which is perfection. Where as an unbeliever, who may do more good deeds than me, will always be judged based off what Adam did. No other religion on earth, teaches this or claims this. The whole point of Christianity is this, you can cannot earn the righteouness of God, you have to be made that way. And the only way that you can be made that way is to believe. It's so simple that people stumble over it. Humans judge each other based off works. It is our nature, and now these people are going around telling Christians all I have to do is believe, and I be made righteous.

And then you say, well that means I can sin all I want right? Since the blood has already covered. But the thing is though, if God makes you like Him, then your nature will be a God nature, which means you won't practice sin, you'll practice what you are, righteousness. And when you do sin, because we still have this sinful flesh from Adam, the blood of Jesus has already covered it and took care of it. This allows man to stay where Adam was before he fell, in right standing with God. God used the sacrifice system so that man would never require another sacrifice.

I can't wait to here how Islam thinks about this.