Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectBeef? Never that!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=12617&mesg_id=12800
12800, Beef? Never that!!
Posted by guest, Mon Jun-11-01 04:29 AM
However, there are a ton of things I'd love to comment on, reply to, and just outright correct. Just to give a little background on myself, I was a young male who grew up in the Baptist church with a strong father, commited mother and Christian family.

Raised in St. Louis, Mo. in a middle class black (majority Christian, far as I could tell) neighborhood, I grew up like most kids on my block under the same influences of the time. Like some of you, I heard the same 'you gonna go to hell' rhetoric as a kid that kept me absolutely scared straight!! (I'm laughing now at the memory of it all.)

I said all of that to say I'm quite familiar w/ the church and Christianity...as it was taught to us in the west...and at the time, I accepted what I was given w/ out ?'s.

Not to tell my life story to y'all, (I don't want to bore anyone to death in here), but to make a long story short, along comes this man named the Hon. Min. Louis Farrakhan and life as I knew it was history. The lies that governed my life peeled away when truth was introduced. The hypocrisy and paganism has been exposed, unveiled, discovered and uncovered!! (Examples can be given upon request.)

I was once blind, but now I see!

Let's begin w/ post #83, shall we. (hey, that rhymed! I wanna record deal!!)

The person (I forget who)writes: "It is'nt of God to force ppl to convert" and "God respects a persons free will." The writer then adds that "...God never forces a person to accept Christ."

Is this the same God that caused the great flood of Noah's time?
Is this the same God that caused it to rain fire on Sodom and Gommorah?
Is this the same God that destroyed -hell, you pick a city- killing scores of ppl for not obeying His messengers???

I believe you get my drift and if not, what I'm saying in short is "free will" my foot.

Sure, as human beings, we have the right to choose and decide if we want to obey divine laws and instruction but if a study of His actions throughout history show a pattern of distruction of those who were disobedient (and they do)...guess what???

YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT (if you have any sense) TO DISOBEY ALLAH!

Case in point. Take a look at Jonah. Turned out to be a great messenger. The only messenger to ever save a city from destruction, in fact. The city of Ninevah, to be exact. The point I'm getting at in this example is this: Did Jonah WANT to be a servant/messenger for Allah???

NO!

He ran for it. We all know how the story turned out. In short, in his get away attempt, he's thrown off the boat, ate by a whale, whale spits 'em out, now he's ready to serve God.

According to my studies, Allah always tends to use a bit of coersion (sp?), does'nt he?:-)

I don't profess to know it all, but that's just my take on the matter.

I will next entertain post #72 by Loryn.

"When the Black Man of North America makes up his mind to be that which Allah has created him to be, which is a replica of Himself, then and only then can he call the universe into order."

-Me.