Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Got beef w/ Christianity?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=12617&mesg_id=12795
12795, RE: Got beef w/ Christianity?
Posted by guest, Fri Jun-08-01 03:02 PM
I have a LOT of problems with Christianity...I was raised in the faith and even went to a Christian school.
My problem is:

EVIL- I don't undersand why it exists and apparently neither do a bunch of pastors my mom's had me talk to. Was god just bored so he decided to make a universe and people on a planet just to show how "great" he is? And to prove how "great" he is, to make the decision of good or bad on that planet so that he would show his "love" by sending his son to die for us? And why couldn't god just fast forward this terrible time on earth and just make his followers in heaven?? Which brings us to another thing...if he already knows I'm going to hell, why did he make me and countless others? Sure, we have the choice to love him or leave him, but if he already knows the end why make us suffer more.
Just look at the news....I become soooo depressed and often even cry reading the newspaper. There is so much hate in this world and I really don't see why god needed us.
If you can give me the answers to my questions I'll gladly accept Christianity again.

deepthoughts