Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: ok...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=12617&mesg_id=12769
12769, RE: ok...
Posted by Jennyfer, Wed Jun-13-01 08:51 AM
>why does Christ's crucifixion nullify all
>that? Because he died for
>all sins it's suddenly wrong
>to pour libation or offer
>sacrifices to God to show
>appreciation?

The sacrificial practices symbolizes...something innocent paying the sin debt of the Guilty. But the animal sacrifice does not actual pay our sin debt. These practices symbolized what Christ was to do for the World's sin debt. The symbolism of the practice (sacrificing animals) Was Fulfilled and the actual sin debt of the world was atoned for due Christ's Sacrifice on the cross.And one can only get to the Father because of His Atonement for our sins......If you don't Trust/Believe in Christ's your sins go unatoned for.

>What right do Christians have to
>condemn and debase the rituals
>of sacrifice and other "traditions"
>as "pagan" when they are
>present in their own scriptures?--I
>think that is what I
>was getting at when I
>asked the question. That's the
>kind of thing that may
>feel like a "contradiction" to
>some (e.g. Christians condemning Voodoo
>practioners when there is animal
>sacrifice in the Bible).
>
>Or is that condemnation another Christian
>act that isn't sanctioned by
>the Bible?

The sacrifice of animals to the God that exist is okay...Who or what ever entity that Voodoo practioners sacrifice their animals to is Not God of the Bible the only God that exists. (Note to Lex
There is no need for Christians to sacrifice Animals to God anymore. Because the symbol has been fulfilled through Christ)

>I've noticed that several people beginning
>questions with, "well God didn't
>REALLY mean for people to
>act that way..." So what
>did God mean? And why
>are so many people getting
>it "wrong"? Free will? Too
>many cooks in(terpreting) the soup/Bible?

God created the option of choice (Free will). God doesnt want us to do bad. But we (as humans) choose to do bad stuff all the time.