Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Sacrificing animals
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=12617&mesg_id=12743
12743, RE: Sacrificing animals
Posted by Bombshell, Fri Jul-13-01 07:51 PM
>What I mean is, I understand
>that they are both rituals
>based on your belief, but
>sacrificing animals can be grotesque.
>They have right to do
>it, but the ramifications of
>chicken blood in the cafeteria
>and prayer in the quad
>are not even up for
>comparison.

Grotesque only by your standards. I'm tired of the Christian Right. Ok... lets say I'm a satan worshiper for arguments sake. I send my kids to school everyday. And they come home and tell me how every morning they have to sit through 10 minutes of silence so your kids can pray. Well, you know what? I want ten minutes for my kids to conduct their ritual sacrifice. In fact, if the school doesn't provide the sanitary place and equipment for it, that is DISCRIMINATION, and I will sue. I repeat, religion, of any denomination, does not belong in school. It isn't illegal for students to create religious groups in school, nor is it illegal for them to pray. But a mandated time and place for practice of religion on school grounds is wrong. At my high school there was a jesus club, and they prayed during lunch. Did I have one single problem with that? Not in the least. Yet, if I had gotten to school every morning and had to sit in silence for some designated amount of time while people talked to God... I'm not down.

"Me fail english? That's unpossible!"