Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: the problem is this:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=12617&mesg_id=12733
12733, RE: the problem is this:
Posted by loryn, Thu Jun-07-01 02:29 PM
Okay. I'll say it again.

THE BIBLE IS NOT WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

Of course I believe in the Bible.

I do not believe in the rules and regulations and laws that man put forth just so that they can control people.

I do not believe in those who use the Bible and twist the scriptures around to do evil (such as slavery).

I do believe in the Bible being used as a tool to serve God.

And another thing.

People don't fuss at Black Muslims for saying that the White man is the devil.

But they fuss at Christians for believing that Jesus (who was a Black man) is the son of God.

That pisses me off.

What does it matter whether or not someone is a Christian if they are a good Christian?

Why can't a Christian believe what they want to believe without people condemning them?

Just because you call yourself a Christian doesn't mean that you are a child molester or a hypocrite or close minded.

By the same token, just because you hate Christianity doesn't mean that it's wrong for me to practice it.

To each his own. Doesn't anybody understand that?

NOW--then the question becomes, "well, what about evangelizing? What about missionaries, Channel 40,etc.?"

Well.

Yes, one of my purposes here on Earth as a Christian is to spread the gospel.

That can be as small as being an example to my non-Christian friends or as big and being a minister in the pulpit.

And--whether or not my witnessing is received positively is up to the one who hears it.

It's their choice if they want to accept Christ. It ain't really about me. It's between them and God.

It was Adam and Eve's choice to eat the apple.

It was David's choice to sleep with Bathsheba. And so on.

I recall the Parable of the sower in Matthew 13. Some of the seeds fell on dry ground, some on fertile ground. It is the same now with those who have the light of Christ shining in their spirits and who share that light with others.

-Loryn

There's a new day comin (it looks just like me)
The sun bursts through the clouds (my photo id)-Mos Def

I stopped combing my brain so my thoughts could lock-Saul Williams