Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: I do have a relationship
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=12617&mesg_id=12699
12699, RE: I do have a relationship
Posted by Nettrice, Fri Jun-08-01 06:02 AM
>Please support your reducing Christ to
>a prophet, considering the magnitude
>of His statements. Also, the
>book that you quoted devotes
>over half of itself to
>discussing Christ as an intermediary
>with God. We aren't selective
>in our believe are we?
>Scripture is to fluid and
>connected for that.

Christ, Buddha, Muhammad, etc. have all moved thousand or millions to believe in and support some sort of religion- from Christianity to Islam. I am not reducing Christ at all. He was a man and he was a prophet. Christians see this man as God's son. Jewish people do not. Muslims see Muhammad as the one sent by God.

People put a lot of faith in men's words. The Bible is a great book, with inspiring stories and scriptures for people and groups to use as they see fit. Man created the Bible based on inspiration and the original meanings are lost to interpretation. No man or woman will never be God.

I quote a lot of things that have meaning for me: the Bible, The Matrix, Harry Potter, etc. But I am not trying to start a new religion based on my inspiration. I have my personal connection to God and spirit and that's enough for me. I am not trying to push my beliefs on others. I don't need to be followed or supported by other people. In turn, I do not follow or support other people's religions.

>Your testimony is gripping and deep.
>My point is this, negative
>experiences can't be used as
>cards of judgment. I don't
>claim to know everything there
>is to know about Christianity,
>but I do know enough
>to support what I believe.

All I am saying is that church and religion only helped me to a certain point. I had to go the rest of the way by myself in order to heal and save myself from giving up. I don't have negative opinions about Christianity but I am real about what I have experienced and how I have been able to overcome adversity (with religion as a foundation towards personal/life success).

"Know thyself"

"Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you or forsake you". So we may boldly say, "The Lord is my helper, I will not fear. What can man do to me?"
-- Hebrews 13:5,6

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path"
--Morpheus in "The Matrix"

"It's our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities"- Dumbledore to Harry Potter "Chamber of Secrets"