Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Images
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=12617&mesg_id=12681
12681, RE: Images
Posted by guest, Fri Jun-08-01 09:51 AM
Actually, only in certain places in the world that are mostly white influenced have pictures of a white Jesus. But if you go to Ethiopia and even some Hispanic cultures, they have pictures of Jesus that look like them. It is apparent(and this is human nature) that everyone wants to make God look like them. But I starting to talk to a lot of white Christians and even Jews and a lot of them are starting to acknowledge that Jesus couldn't have been white. But that he looked like a Hebrew. So I think after a little while longer, the image of a white Jesus will only be held by racist. Others will accept that He was Jewish and Jewish people back then had brown skin. I have a friend from East Africa (Iritrea), and she says in every picture and every Jesus movie, Jesus looks ethoipian. They never even thought about putting a white Jesus. But that is because East African countries never allowed themselves to be influenced by European culture. But my main focus is Jesus the person, what He came to teach us, how He was able to do the miracles He did and pursue the prophecy He gave that those who would believe on Him will be able to do the things He did and even greater works. Because I believe when Christians start doing the greater works, people will believe and be converted.