Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Pharoah heart
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=12617&mesg_id=12665
12665, RE: Pharoah heart
Posted by osoclasi, Fri Jun-15-01 03:34 AM

>>
>
>THERE IS NO QUESTION HERE. Look
>at all the arrows. You
>are replying to the original
>text that I replyed to
>your your reply too. Are
>you reading these??

Responce: My bad. I thought you were telling me your moms concerncs somewhere in here.
>

>
>Look if God wanted a no-hassle
>let-my-people-go scenario he would've just
>gone to the pharoah the
>way he went to Moses.

Responce: Yes, he could have but that's not the point. God wanted to display to Isreal that he was the one true God. So thats why he punished Pharoah and all of Pharoah's gods. The way he appears to Moses is different because he was intimate with Moses and revealed his name to him.
>
>This is a fable with a
>drawn out plot for the
>sake of suspense.
>

Responce: No, it wasn't for suspence God had a reason for everything that he did. For example he showed his powers over Pharoah's magicians showing God had the authority over evil, he revealed himself to Isreal. He remained faithful to the covenant of Abraham, and that he never breaks his covenant with his children.
>

>
>Yes he is.
>
> he's trying
>>to use the devil to
>>complete his will.

Responce: He isn't trying he does.
>
>Why would God need to use
>the devil for any purposes.
>God didn't need the devil
>to be around to do
>any of those things to
>Job. According to the book
>of Job, God did these
>things to demonstrate his power
>over, and the faith of
>his people. Again omnipotent beings
>have nothing to prove.

Responce: You kind of answered your own question omnipotent beings have nothing to prove therefore you are agreeing with me on this point. All through scriptures God uses the Devil to complete his will. This is significant because God is showing his power over the power of darkness. That know matter what Satan plan is God's plan will always prevail. And this is security for the believer that Satan's plan will never prevail against us because God's plan is higher.
>
>

>

>
>The bible says flat out that
>Jesus exists. So how would
>being a Biblical scholar help
>prove his existence, since the
>proof would have to exist
>outside of the religious texts?

Responce: You missed my point. The scholors who tried to deny his existance were a little out of there league. So a lot of there aurguments fell short because of their background. Not all of their aurguments were outside of the Biblical text.
>
>
>Admit....?
>They believe that Christ existed.

Responce: Exactly, its hard to find any credible scholars who would disagree.
>

>
>Crucifixion was a means of corporal
>punishment. That does nothing to
>help prove the existence of
>Jesus Christ. And remembr I
>never said that He didn't
>exist. It just matters little
>to me.
>Smokey the Bear aint real but
>if he stops forest fires
>he's all right with me.

Responce: I will take into account that you never said he did or did'nt exist. But there are many who make the claim that Christ was never cruxified and the whole story was fabricated. Thats why I brought briefly the Yohannan.
>

>
>Why don't we ride around in
>buggy's instead of cars? Traditions
>change. I don't think that
>the lack of animal sacrifice
>in Jewish ritual is anything
>strong enough for any real
>belief in Jesus Christ to
>stand on.

Responce: No, you have to realize that the Jewish sacrificial system is deeply rooted into the core of their foundation. The Jews sacrificed animals for thousands of years threwout the entire old testament. Then right after Christ resurrection it stop. So your buggy argument is kind of correct is saying that something better has come along.
>

>
>Isn't it always. Which facts?- the
>ones in the Koran, the
>Bible or my Scientology pamphlet?

Responce: No, what I am saying is if you take an objective look at Christianity or any religion you can see if it is divine or not. By the way L Ron Hubbard was quoted as saying the best way to make some money is through religion. The next year scientolgy became a reality.
>

>
>I checked it out when it
>was up. Didn't find any
>evidence strong enough to comment
>on.

Responce: Do you know part 2 of Evidence for God is the fact that there are no really good reasons to be an atheist. To say that there is no evidence for God is one thing but you have to come with evidence disproving God.
>
>

>
>Okay. What is sin again? How
>can I offend God? God
>with all of the powers
>commonly attributed to Him, is
>more superior to me that
>I am to a fly.
>Never been offended by a
>fly. Ants are too too
>insignificant to my existence to
>allow myself to take offense
>to anything they do.

Responce: But unlike ants we are significant to God because we were created in his Image.
>
>Can you not see how insane
>this sounds.
>1. God is perfect.
>2. God creates man of his
>own free will and makes
>him imperfect.
>3. God punishes man for being
>imperfect.
>4. Allows us an escape from
>this punishment if we all
>ride his dick.
>

Responce: 1 is correct.2)is borderline 3)is incorrect, God punished man because of his disobediance not for imprfection.4)This is funny you really are trying to offend God here, but that's okay God has a place just waiting for you if you do not want to be in fellowship with him.
>
>Who would do some shit like
>that but a punk. For
>real? Don't take this like
>I'm all angry at religion
>and tryin to incite a
>riot but look at it-
>who would do some shit
>like that but a punk
>ass.
>
Responce: Temper, Temper. Would a punk die for you, would a punk make you in his image, would a punk love you unconditionally even though you nor I deserve it,would a punk take the time to put you together in your mothers womb. The answer is no God wanted you to be free and to choose him or not to choose him that is the point of the fall.A God who forces you to love him would be your punk.
>
>No thanks. Don't mean to offend
>but yall gotta know that
>this is some 'ol bullshit.
>

Responce: No offense taken, I've heard worse.
>>>
>
>
>