Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Would you live anywhere else?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=12486&mesg_id=12559
12559, RE: Would you live anywhere else?
Posted by sistasoul, Fri Jul-06-01 10:50 AM

The responses to this post have been very interesting, and some quite amusing. I was kind of amazed to see that most people would either opt to move to some European country, or to just stay in America. This baffles my mind! To the people who wish to stay in America and "make things better here." Sorry to say this, but that is never going to happen! I'm not a pessimist, I am a realist. The structure of this country never had any intention of allowing non-whites to reach any sort of real success, and by success I don't mean cars, clothes and a house in the hamptons. I don't want Blacks to be fooled into thinking that we are making progress, when actually, we are digressing! Do you really think that you will ever be accepted by whites? No! You won't. Why would you want to stay in a country that has ruined you in so many ways physicall and mentally? If the ideals and fundamental of the constitution are really all that wonderful, then is the predicament of Blacks in America so fucked up now? If change is really what you desire, then learn all you can about your heritage, things that they will NEVER teach you in any American school. And then you won't want to stay. This country has been almost totally stripped of all its natural goods and resources. They want you to stay! There's nothing left to be gained here. Do you know where they are going next? Guess. The continent with the most untapped resources in the world! Africa! They will go to YOUR motherland and use up her resources, while we stay our black asses right over here in America. Does that sound right?

And to those who wish to move to Italy, England, Spain, wherever. Stop thinking that anything European is where its at!! Do you really think that moving to one of these countries is going to make the situation better for you? You will still be black. And don't be fooled into thinking that racism was eradicated in those countries. It still exists! The only continent that will ever embrace you , that will ever love you is Africa, your home. Yes, there are problems in Africa, but who did they stem from?? Europeans! South Africans didn't implement apartheid BY THEMSELVES! It was put into effect by the British. But you want to go to England?? The situation in Rwanda, between the Hotu and the Tutsi. That rivalry was ENGINEERED years before we even knew about it. Engineered by who? The Europeans who came in the colonial era. Divide and conquer, its been a way of life for them for centuries, their best war tactic. There is shit that has been done to Africans in the diaspora that we don't even know about!

I said all that to say, that yes, I think that Africans in the diaspora, if they desire to leave their oppressive countries should make that move back to the motherland. The continent awaits us. It wants us to return and save it from being raped and pillaged by Europeans. But that will never happen if Blacks keep thinking that there is nothing for them in Africa. Everything is there for you in AFrica! Because it is your home.

~one