Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectIf you don't like it, leave
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=12486&mesg_id=12532
12532, If you don't like it, leave
Posted by Bombshell, Fri Jul-06-01 08:47 AM
or do something about it. Nobody is forcing you to be an American. Nobody is forcing you to live in America. Don't like it? Leave it. Don't want to leave? Then appreciate the reasons you don't want to leave... and do something to CHANGE the things you dislike. Don't sit on your ass and complain. You have a voice and you have a choice. If you don't want to ACTIVELY be American, then leave America. Do you have any idea how many people would give their right leg to live here??? I think you are ungrateful... why don't you move to Tijuana or Afghanistan. These places where people live in poverty, or people live without basic human rights.

> It
>>makes me want to say
>>"for the very reason that
>>you're allowed to say that
>>you hate America, you should
>>love America."
>
>I love every atom in the
>Universe. But not this
>Country.
Then leave this country and make space for someone who will appreciate it.

>I'm not sure
>>many people would get my
>>point though. I absolutely love
>>America. Not because I think
>>that it's the best place
>>to live for everyone, because
>>the thing that I think
>>is most important is the
>>foundation for our country.
>
>Okay let's go over that culture.
> Murder/Deceit/Brute Force/total disrespect/genocide/sick culture/excessive
>& self-destructive culture
>There's your foundation!!
I've nowhere stated that America is a perfect country, but the ideals... the ideals that the country was founded on are something that EVERY human deserves and can respect. Just because those ideals aren't a complete reality doesn't make them not worth fighting for or invalid.

>>think that liberty and freedom
>>are the greatest things to
>>possess.
>
>Yes but the only place that
>can give you true
>liberty and freedom is within
>yourself. Not some Docuement
>or some devil saying "HEY!!
>YOUR FREEEE!!"
That document is the only thing seperating you, better yet, PROTECTING you from losing every right, like the right of free speech, you know that right that allows you to go on the computer and talk about how much you HATE America? Well, move to Iraq... print something about how much you dislike your country and get shot.

> I realize not everyone
>>possesses them, but this is
>>one of the few countries
>>where if you do not
>>possess them you can speak
>>up, you can fight, you
>>take action.
>
>And if you speak the truth
>too lound you get killed.
> Ask Malcolm, Martin, Medgar
>Evars, Fred Hampton...the list is
>ill should I keep going?
So does that mean the truth should not be spoken? The truth is WORTH DYING FOR. Maybe your truths aren't, mine are. You should evaluate your own beliefs before calling out the names of great men.

> and even if
>>your dreams will not be
>>realized in your lifetime with
>>the ideals that are the
>>basis for the country, hopefully
>>someday they will be.
>>
>Hopefully someday I can watch the
>Whitehouse burn to the ground
>and have a fish fry.
>"FUCK THE GOVAMENT!!/I CAUSE ACCIDENTS
SInce you so obviously hate the government, what are YOU doing to change it? What positive actions have you taken to make a difference in this unlivable country that you've been so begrudging forced to reap the benefits from?

"Me fail english? That's unpossible!"