Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectBack from Brazil
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=12486&mesg_id=12526
12526, Back from Brazil
Posted by guest, Fri Jul-13-01 01:07 PM
>man I can't wait to raise
>the fuck up outta here.
>
>
>South of France is the dream.
>Or Spain. Italy has been
>suggested, but I've never been
>there.
>
>Brazil has been on the mind,
>though that's a bit harsher.

I just got back from Brazil. One week in Rio and one in Salvador. The poverty is a little overwhelming, but it is beautiful. The racial situation is very hard to figure out. All shades of people mingle on the streets and residential segregation is minimal, but those on power are significantly lighter than the poor. I saw no blatant diplays of racism though.

You need to go now, the Real is only worth US 39 cents. Almost an all time low. A pack of smokes was 60 cents and a beer was only 80 cents. I ate a huge meal for US$1.10 (ignoring the cockroaches I had to beat off my plate). See www.transbrasil.com.br for cheap flights from Miami or Orlando. You can live down there for US$5-20 per day.

JMello

"Those of us who spent time in the agricultural sector and in the heartland, we understand how unfair the death penalty is - the death tax is."

"Si, I'm very concerned about the amount of acreage in cultivation for the growth of cocoa leaves."

"...it's about past 7 here, so we're actually in different timelines."

"I am mindful not only of preserving executive powers for myself, but my predecessors, as well. And that's why I made the decision."

"I'm about to name my brother the ambassador to Chad."

"They don't seem to be flocking in right now, but it is dove season in Texas. I'm a hunter and if I decide to shoot some dove, I'll shoot 'em and eat 'em."

--President-Select George W. Bush--