Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectuh huh,
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=12486&mesg_id=12521
12521, uh huh,
Posted by guerilla_love, Thu Jul-05-01 04:51 AM
i've heard that from so many people; that they coudn't wait to come back home after their trips, but i've never gotten that sense before. i would like to live in any of the countries i've visited and hope i get a chance to move around one day-

helps, i suppose, that my dad lives in another country and my in-laws are scattered about and my husband and many of our friends are from/in other countries

which is not to say that i think that any place is better or worse than any other. they're all just different, and there's a few realities that people deal with in some other countries (one random but fresh example: a friend of mine was stopped by the police in the ethiopian countryside because of his dreadlocks. the police told him "if we see you again with that hair, we will kill you.")

life can be a lot less convenient and a lot less safe in less developed countries. and my citygirl physique was not made for machete yardwork and build your own houses. but i would be interested to see if i could learn to hack it.

==**peace**==

"The logic of divide and rule is still valid today." Capleton

DomePoem Poets; Vibe Nation; One ppl under the spoken word