Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectThe freedom of thought and lifestyle that Europeans...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=12486&mesg_id=12512
12512, The freedom of thought and lifestyle that Europeans...
Posted by JayThree, Thu Jul-05-01 04:04 AM
...have adopted has always appealed to me. I often think that Americans live in cultural "boxes" that are rarely ventured out of. I am visiting London & Paris again in August... and I'm looking forward to experiencing the "freedom" and lack of stress I felt during my last visit.

However, I can't truly say that I'd want to MOVE there (I've had thoughts)... because, I can't truly determine that life would be any BETTER there. DIFFERENT, maybe... but not necessarily BETTER.

And, when you REALLY think about it... you can't say that Black people have it GOOD anywhere. I don't care where you go, there's ALWAYS negativity & discrimination -- even if it's subtle. And, in most other countries, TRUE opportunity is very limited -- regardless of race.

America may be nasty & vile in it's past & present treatment of our blacks.... but at least I have a FIGHTING chance at some form of opportunity despite my race or class level. And, let's not forget, there's nastiness & ignorance everywhere -- all over this earth.